2/04/2008

A Spoonful of Sugar...

My Mom turned 60 last month and instead of a party, my sister and I treated her to a day in the Big Apple - which included her first Broadway show, Mary Poppins. The show was FANTASTIC! Nothing I could say about the Mary Poppins could do it justice, except if you get the chance, see it - I'm still humming the tunes.

We ran into Samuel L. (although, everyone runs into him outside of THE waxy museum).
Since we were in Times Square, we had to check out the LITTLE ice rink (pics a little dark, but it was, well, dark out).

Couldn't visit NYC without strolling in THE Park. I took many pics of this area, Bethesda fountain. Beautiful!
This is me & the birthday girl, just after indulging in the BEST Tiramasu EVER - we were still amped up from the sugar and coffee - YUM! We ate at the brick-oven pizza restaurant near 42nd & Broadway (behind Hard Rock) - everything was scrumptious, especially the Tiramasu.
Anyhoo, for a few country bumpkins, we navigated the city well on the subway - a far cry from the way I'm used to getting around. The pace is fast, but exhilarating. Thankfully, I wore comfy shoes, cause we walked our asses off (well, I wish I walked some of mine off). Good times!

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Promises to Keep said...

I actually thought it was Samual L Jackson was the lucky one running into 3 out of the 4 girls from Sex in the City! What a fun day. That was such a better idea than a party, no house to clean, food to prepare, work to be done and you got to partake of the birthday present too! I really do associate myself with some smart women!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

I love Mary Poppins and would love to see that show! Happy Birthday Tammy's mom. It was good to see a pic of your sis as well. What fun!

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger LisaMM said...

What an awesome birthday celebration!! I love New York and hope to go back sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home