12/26/2007

"The BEST Christmas EVER!" ...

..."The BEST Christmas EVER!" - this is what my son said as he was going to bed last night. Seriously, could that be any sweeter? He says this every year. It makes me smile.

I've posted way too many pics from Christmas Day, but they say so much about our holiday. If you can't read the note left by Brent it reads "Santa, How old are you? From, Brent" - He decided to leave this note after he asked me how old Santa was & I told him I didn't know. Hmmm, he's starting to question.


Ahhhh, the excitement of coming down on Christmas morning. Brent, coming down the stairs patiently, waiting for his sister. Magical!

Yes, consumerism at its finest. What can I say?

How freaking cute? Rock on! Brent has an acoustic guitar, but has mentioned (pestered) for many months for an electric one. He wants lessons in the worst way. Soon, I guess. He has even taken to growing his hair longer. We're compromising on this one. No tattoos yet. Mommy gets one first. ;0)

Too cute not to share.

She's digging the cheerleading kit (video & accessories) - she shook these things all day. Even made everyone join in on the cheers. So damn funny. I'm so anti anything princess(ey) or too frilly - but I keep my opinions to myself, since I want her to develop her own sense of self. By the end of the day even I was getting into it? She's infectious. In the best way, of course.

This is more my speed. Go SCIENCE GIRL! Anyhoo, she always plays with my stethoscope, so she was THRILLED to get her own medical kit. I had to play 'patient' all day as she checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart - but after my 'check-up' she'd give me a 'shot' and then she'd take the 'bandage' scissors, tell me to "hold still" so she could cut my bangs. Freaking hilarious. I nearly pee'd laughing every time. A physical and a haircut. So funny. She even started saying, just before grabbing the 'bandage scissors', "now don't laugh Mom, I need to cut your hair."
Also, check out her face in this picture - there are pink streaks all over her right cheek (and her hands) - she fell asleep with her pom-poms and the color transferred onto her face.
We ended the night with snow cones made enthusiastically by Brent, with his new Snoopy snow cone machine. Yep, they still make these. I always wanted one as a kid & had my first ever homemade one last night. Having it made by my little man made it worth the wait.



4 Comments:

At 5:02 PM , Blogger wzgirl said...

I wonder why they had to outfit Science Girl with the dorky specs? Great pics btw - awesome!

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of the kids hugging - it is so sweet! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful holiday!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Cavatica said...

Love the medical kit and the picture with the specs! Snowflake is at a wonderful, cute, and cuddly stage, but the toys leave a lot to be desired. I'm looking forward to medical exams and haircuts!!!

Your kids are adorable!

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger polkadot said...

My son is growing his hair out too, along with half the school. I hate it, but I just think it's ONLY hair... tough to let go!

Cute pics and happy kids, who could ask for anything more?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home