12/01/2007

Interesting article

Ok, I took a short break from studying to check my email - here's an article worth posting (nothing earth shattering, but interesting nonetheless):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22045640/

The article notes - "143 million orphans worldwide." That number sits like a brick in the pit of my stomach. Seriously, I try not to live with my head up my arse. I've adopted internationally. I'm aware that there are far too many orphaned children in this world. BUT, that number is sobering. Could that be right? One. Hundred. Forty. Three. Million. Children. Without. Families.

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

Wow. That hurts.

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger polkadot said...

Even if no one ever gave birth again, just adopted, would that be enough? Scary numbers!!

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Promises to Keep said...

I am so emotional lately over adoption, since Nov. was adoption awareness month. Hopefully if all goes as planned that number will be 142,999,999 or 98 by this time next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home