10/20/2007

Getting older...



No, NOT me - I'm only 29 (for the 10th time)! I'm talking about Allison. She turned three last week and I'm seeing her change and mature every day. We (yes, I mean WE) are officially moving out of the terrible two stage. Over the past week I have noticed her being able to gain control and exercise patience - neither of which she had any of before. Seriously, I worried about her having major impulse control later in life.

I know it's not good to compare children, but Brent NEVER had nearly as much energy or impulsiveness as Miss Allie - nor did he have meltdowns like her (frequency, intensity or duration). She seriously had the patience of a gnat! And that's insulting a gnat's patience. But, BUT, this past week I have seen little Miss impatience gather control, use her manners and wait (for a few minutes) many times. Could it be? I'm seeing the light! There is a GOD!

This post isn't meant to convey that the past year has been hell with my daughter - far from it. She is a wonderful ball of energy. She has a zest for life and she is funny as heck. But, her impatience, meltdowns AND WHINING caused me to age in dog years. Her new found sense of control and little bits of maturity, have really made a difference. The kiddoes have actually fought less because of their ablity to play for long periods of time sans meltdowns. I'm LOVING it!

Since I often post about little conversations with the boy, I thought I'd share some three-year-old words of wisdom:

Allie: "I didn't grow in your belly - I grew in my China Mommy's belly. But, Brent did, right?"
Me: "Yes, honey. You grew in my heart and Brent grew in my belly."
Allie: "Well you know what Mommy? When I get bigger like you, and can be a Mommy too, YOU can grow in my belly. OK?"
Me: "OK. I bet you will have the warmest belly ever!"
Allie: "Yeah." she said, as she giggles.

How sweet is that!?!?
(I updated the post with pictures of the kiddoes - they were taken today. So freakin' cute, if I say so myself. It is a BIG deal to get two kids looking in the same direction for portraits. I felt sorry for the photographer - who used every trick she had. )

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger Cavatica said...

That's the sweetest thing.

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

Lovely pics. Can't wait to see Allie. Maybe we can go with you to see our pals after all!

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Darling photos!

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Headmeister said...

Love the photos... that is so cute what she said about you growing in her belly, make me smile a BIG smile!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home