8/19/2007

The end of summer...

Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday that summer started? My little man starts school after Labor Day, but I start back tomorrow. Sigh. I can't believe how quickly my break flew by. I had such a long to-do list, some of which was done, and some of which will have to wait until, well, who knows when.

The past two weeks for me has been a cram fest of trying to squeeze in fun days with the kiddoes and getting school/fall clothes and school supplies. We've spent the past few days doing fun family outings, squeezing the last drops out of summer. Yesterday we packed a picnic lunch and went on nature hike up to a lighthouse. We had a wonderful time and the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. It was a great way to end the summer and hopefully create a fun memory for the kids.

I'm starting my final year of nursing school (done in May, thank GOD!) and my intention is to do a better job of setting quality time aside each week for something fun with the kids. The last two years I've been a little over my head and didn't do the best job of balancing school and home. This year will be differet. It has to be different. I can see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel and I realize how the unimportant things will still be there when I'm done - my house will be clean and organized again come May. But, enjoying time with my kids and staying connected is much more important - they can not wait. I'm feeling optimistic, I think (hope) I can keep my priorities in check.

Although I'm sad to see summer end, I look forward to starting school again, since the sooner I start, the sooner I finish. I also LOVE everything that autumn brings....pumpkins, hayrides, scarecrows, Halloween, apple cider, bon fires, crisp air, jumping in leaves and humidity free weather (ahhhh, good hair days).

So, now that I'm diving, head first, into school, it'll be rare for me to post until next year. But in the meantime, I hope you are finding ways to stay connected with your loved ones and finding fun ways to create lasting memories.

5 Comments:

At 5:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couple things...
I LOVE the picture - too cute!
I can't believe that you are in your last year of nursing school - way to go!!
Oh, and fall is my most favorite time of year! We got a bit of it on Saturday and it was so nice to break out the sweaters!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

Oh man. When are we gonna get together? Wait, that was in my whiny voice wasn't it?

I'm happy this is it for you. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you this year, ok?

Great pic of the kids!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Johnny said...

And I thought YOU were retired?

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Cavatica said...

I lost track of you for awhile too. Glad we found each other. How you managing this heat? First, it was freezing, now it's HOT. Weird.

Way to go with school. Sounds like you have a good sense of priorities.

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Yoli said...

That is such an awesome career move. You will never regret it. You will have employment everywhere you go and make a pretty good living.

The picture is just beautiful. Who is the talented photographer?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home