5/20/2007

A favorite summer dish...

OK, I'm starting a summer dish blog chain (if there's such a thing). With picnics and parties in the summer it's nice to have different dishes to bring instead of our old comfort standby's - mine being a potato or pasta salad (yummy, but boring). So I'm tagging anyone who reads & is interested in sharing. Please be sure to post on the comments that you participated because I'd hate to miss your specialty.

Below is a scrumptious salad - hope you enjoy:

Strawberry orange salad with cinnamon vinaigrette
Ingredients
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 avocado, sliced
1 (10-ounce) package romaine lettuce

Preparation
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with half of Cinnamon Vinaigrette (see recipe below), tossing to coat. Serve remaining vinaigrette with salad.

Cinnamon Vinaigrette
Ingredients
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pepper ½ teaspoon hot sauce

Preparation
Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Chill at least 2 hours. Shake well before serving.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger Polar Bear said...

YUM! That sounds really good. I am going to copy this recipe.

Thanks!

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Joannah said...

Sounds delicious!

 
At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE anything with Avocado! I will definitely put up a recipe on my craft blog - great idea!
Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

 
At 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy, I put up one of my favorite recipes on my craft blog. Stop by to check it out!
Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Yoli said...

Wow, I have to try that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home