5/17/2007

Time to reconnect...

Wow, where to begin. School is out for me and I have the summer OFF. Woohoooo! It's been a long time coming and this semester kicked my arse. My head has been pressed up against my books so hard, I've barely come up for air. I still have the binding imprints on my forehead. 13 credits sucked up so much of my time and my house reflects it. Thankfully, I only have two semesters left of nursing school and the fun stuff starts in the fall - I'm really looking forward to maternity, pediatrics & trauma.

Thanks for all of the sweet words of sympathy when we lost our dear Jake. He is missed terribly. I still call out his name and cry when I think about not ever seeing him again. Who knew the loss of a pet would hurt so badly.

On a happier note, we now have a new member of our family - his name is Henry. He's a 10 month old one of these. Crazy? Yep. We have a neighbor who fosters these dogs & he was a little neglected by his first owner and needed a family - I just couldn't resist his sweet goofy face. He's great with the kids and is the most gentle and calm puppy I've ever been around. I've only experienced Lab pups & if you've ever read the book Marley & Me or had one, you know they are nutty puppies. Sweet, but a little crazy. Henry's only issue is chewing - shoes, toys and my vacuum cleaner (?). The best thing about Henry, other than his sweet disposition, HE DOESN'T SHED. You read that right - HE DOESN'T SHED. Coming from the mother of Jake, who had hypothyroidism and shed like he was on chemo, it's a BIG deal. When I get the chance I'll have to post pictures of the cutie pie. Jade, our other dog, was really missing Jake and has been warming up to goofy Henry.

So, as the title of this post goes, I finally have some free time and plan on reconnecting with my family, friends and neighbors. One thing I'm excited about is being able to read something for fun and I am finally able join in on Stephanie's (Written Word) book club this month.

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Blogger Polar Bear said...

Congrats on being finished with school! Enjoy the summer!

I can't wait to see pictures of Henry! Our neighbors have one and she is a love. :)

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that dog is soooo cute! Love the name too! I will be e-mailing you to set up a time when we can meet up.
Stephanie
F&C
Written Word

 
At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISSSSSSSSSSSSED you!

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Joannah said...

Hey, I'm so glad that you're back!

Enjoy your time off. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how wonderful it is not to have to study or write papers!

I can hardly wait to see a picture of your new pup. I'd love to have a goldendoodle!

 
At 12:34 AM , Blogger Katie J said...

Welcome back friend! I missed reading you! Hello Henry, I hope we meet soon.

 
At 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently met a golden doodle service dog. Smart as a whip! They seem like very neat dogs. Can't wait to see pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home