8/26/2007

Outdoor fun

Last weekend we took the kiddoes on a few day trips not far from home. On Sunday we packed a picnic lunch and went on a hike. The trail was along a cliffside overlooking the water with the most spectacular view. I could hardly stand walking a few feet without whipping out the camera (I had to stop at the request of my husband who claimed that I was slowing them down). Who could resist? Just look at that view. The kids didn't want to slow down either since they were so excited to get to the lighthouse at the end of the mile long trail.

When we reached the clearing of trees the kids raced to the lighthouse door and they were SO EXCITED to be able to go inside. Brent and Scott even braved the crazy stairs and got to look out from the top. Check out the picture of the view from the bottom of the stairs and note the ladder that is at the top of the stairs, my little man went up that too. Brave guy. Me, well, I went half way up the stairs while holding Allie and then totally chickened out. I backed down, scared shitless that I was going to drop her.

Anyhoo, here a few more pictures, the last one of the kids sitting on the lighthouse stairs is my favorite. After I downloaded the last picture I noticed both kids had sandals on that Henry, our pup, chewed and Allie has part of her PB&J sandwich on her face. (Makes me love the picture even more 'cause it really reflects who we are.)

*when I get a chance I'll post our another excursion from last weekend to Historic Philadelphia. Cool pics too.

**Well I survived (barely) my first week back to school. So, that's 1 week down and only 15 more to go until winter break. But who's counting?




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM , Blogger Cavatica said...

Hey! I think I know that place, but I've never been inside the lighthouse. It's a beautiful place.

Count away!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Katie J said...

You'll have to tell me where that is. Lovely. The kids look absolutely adorable on those stairs. I love the picture right above it of the stairs. That would look cool in black and white and framed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home