9/29/2007

Going without clothes on...


Suddenly, my blog has taken a turn south. I know that I'm often posting about conversations with my kids, but really, sometimes they just freakin' crack me up! Around 8:30 tonight I had the kids loaded in the van & we were driving Brent's buddy home. A song from the 80's was on the radio & the buddy says "hey, this song's from the Chick*n Little movie" and I said "Ooooh, I love this song....I'd sing it, but that would embarrass Brent. Hey Brent, you mind if I sing?" Brent then says "Please don't. Yeah, my mom says that she's going to come to my school without any clothes on to embarrass me." ** (those are my bug eyes) Holy shit - what did he just say! "What?" I said. Brent says "yeah, remember when we were in Targ*t and you said you were going to come to my school naked and emabarrass me?" OK, back the truck up big guy - I know where this came from....

We were in Targ*t and the kids were acting like a butt heads (I know, mature) and I give them the knock-it-off look and instead of cooling off, he dug his heels in even further and started getting mouthy. I then respond with "fine, you want to bring attention to us and embarrass me, well then, I'll show up in your school in my bath robe and slippers and show you how it feels to get unwanted attention." Maybe not my finest moment, but he got the point and cooperated. But no need to worry, I got such great deals at Targ*t that I'll be able to pay for his therapy bills later. :0)

Thankfully, I've known Brent's buddy's mom since we were kids - so there's no worries about what rumors will be started about my freaky self from the van conversation. His mom & I had a pee-yourself laugh in her driveway when I dropped him off.

Just to warn parents out there....watch what you say - it's like pass it down the lane with kids - you never know when (or how) things will get repeated. Gotta love 'em.
**oh yeah, I did ask Brent to not repeat the story again like that - it could warrant a visit from Childr*n and Family Services.

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

I always suspected you were a nudist under all those clothes.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Cavatica said...

I think as long as you don't actually show up at his school naked you should be okay. Boy oh boy, am I looking forward to these days! Not (well, maybe a little).

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny!
Reminded me of a Roseanne episode when the boy was doing something bad.... she put on this overall outfit and a horrid hat, then proceeded to smear red lipstick all over her mouth 'for when i kiss you good-bye in front of all your friends'. Made me laugh so hard I can still remember it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home