12/21/2007

A book worth reading


Have you read Khaled Hoss*ini's The Kite Runner? If not, it's worth reading - absolutely fabulous book, one that stays with you long after you've finished reading it. I just finished his second book A Thousand Splendid Suns last night (up until 2am) and it's just as fabulous. The lives of the main characters were disturbing - a real reminder of how great it is to live in America. I won't bother trying to describe the book, since I wouldn't do it justice and I'd probably give too much away - but click the link if you're interested in finding out more.


If you've read either book, what did you think?

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger "M" said...

I read it and loved it, in a painful kind of way. Made me so grateful to be a woman in America. Some of the images will stick with always.

 
At 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so glad that you enjoyed it! I just have to start it soon! What's up next on your reading list?
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home