12/31/2007

HAPPY 2008!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

When I was younger I often wondered why the big hoopla about resolutions and big celebrations when January 1st is no different than December 31st. The weather is the same, our routine is the same. What's the big deal? But as I get older (young older), it means much more to me. It's a symbolic time for new beginnings - leaving the ugly things from the previous year behind. A clean slate. Although I'm not a big resolution maker, I do subconsciously think about ways that I want to change or make amends. Here's a little (ahem) list I've got going
  • stop yelling at the kids (yes, I sometimes yell - not scream, but yell - not good)
  • stop with sarcastic remarks to the hubster (although he asks for it - it's still not nice)
  • stop procrastinating (yes, I can be the queen of procastination)
  • keep my car clean(er) (oiy vey, what you could find in my car - I could have a scavenger hunt in there)
  • take the time for date nights with the hubs (baaaad, but we NEVER do it - our last date night was our 10th anniversary, and this year we'll be married 14 years - GASP!)
  • get healthier (no need to explain how this should be done)
  • turn 40 (nothing I can do about this, but it's hitting me like cold water - 40 is the new 30, right?)

And last, but NOT least - too huge for a 'bullet'....GRADUATE! (And pass the boards, of course) When I decided to go to nursing school (this is not my first go around at college) in 2004, 2008 seemed so far away - now it's finally here, and it feels great.

So what's on your list? Is it something you can share?

Hope 2008 is filled with wonderful suprises and a lifetime of good memories for you.

CHEERS!

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Blogger crazylady said...

Hello Tammy
Thanks for stopping by and peeing by my firehydrant. So nice to see a new face.
I am happy to hear another snark nurse will be making her rounds in the world. This trait you possess will do you well on the job.
Congratulations on a job well done!
And may 2008 be good to you.
Regards
Senja

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger polkadot said...

OK, freakily I have ALL of the same resolutions, except for the car because I am a freak about keeping it clean.

Good luck to you!

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger wzgirl said...

Great list - you are poised and ready for a terrific 2008! On my list?? Be more creative, develop a true creative space in our home for me, visit my grandmother, be less of a flake at work.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home