7/25/2006

Blogging moms day out (with the kids)





Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the day at the Philadelphia Zoo with two other blogging mommas (and Katie's friend Beth, a non-blogger). The kiddos had fun running around & being silly.

This was the first time that I've ever met someone, in person, that I met online (if that redundancy makes sense). As Katie (Maylee Beezir), Beth & I were waiting at the zoo gates for Stephanie (Forks and Chopsticks) to arrive we were laughing about how we introduce ourselves & how much it felt like a blind date. We were hoping that the day wouldn't drag on & end up being awkward for everyone. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. We could've chatted the day away, in fact, I think we did. I'm sure this is just the first of many future get togethers with the Forks and Chopsticks family - I think we've convinced them to attend next year's CNY bash held by our adoption agency, and maybe even a scrapbooking weekend this fall.

So, the blind date went very well - especially for Brent & Leah, notice the hand holding. Too cute! Leah said that she liked Brent because he picked her hat up 2X when she dropped it. I guess chivalry isn't dead.

And yes, that's Katie as the Koala bear. Why? Because her daughter wanted to be a Koala & then decided not to. So Katie, being the good mommy, did it for her. You gotta love a grown woman who has the hutzpah to walk the zoo in full face paint. Katie, YOU ROCK!

8 Comments:

At 3:34 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

It was a fun day, wasn't it? Were you as tired as I was? Love the pics and even though I asked for a little anonymity, I think Buttons would look better minus the dot, so go ahead and remove it if you don't mind. Thank you for your company yesterday! It was great, as always, to see you!

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

By the way, you ROCK too!

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Buttons does look much better minus the dot.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger M3 said...

How fun! Looks like an awesome day!!!

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Yep, it was way fun! And I think you can probably count me in for both events.

 
At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great make-up. Love the look.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Kim M. said...

Katie does rock. I can't believe she did that. Okay so you know how I feel about your get together! That said I'm glad you guys had an awesome time. So like a blind date!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Newbury Greenie said...

Hey - if you're ever in Boston we'll get Amy & Ruby and meet you for a tea party!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home