3/22/2006

Waiting for hope


Adoption1
Video sent by ludo
This is a great video worth watching. I have seen this before, but it was just recently posted on a message board & I clicked on the link wanting to see it again. It has a a much stronger impact on me now that Allison is home. I see my daughter in the eyes of these kids. My heart aches. It is painful to watch, but necessary for me not to ignore it. Before Allison came home we sent a care package through Blessedkids to her SWI. The package had a disposable camera & the nannies used it to take pictures of her and her friends while she was waiting to come home. As precious as these photos are to me, I hate to look at them. Even though her SWI was fairly decent (for orphanage standards), she looked so lonely and lost - not the bright-eyed, pleasant, loving, gentle-spirited girl that I know and love. That's how I feel when watching this video - these aren't just anonymous faces anymore to me - I see my daughter and the other amazing Chinese children that I know - full of joy & sweetness, having so much to live for and so much to offer this world. I pray that these beautiful children get matched with families and get the love that they desperately deserve.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Johnny said...

I haven't got the heart to watch that video, knowing what it most likely has.

We were lucky enough to receive a short snippet (as part of another parent's adoption trip) of our daughter rocking in her crib, alone, while watching some of her friends get adopted (literally the new moms hugging their new daughters a few feet from our daughter).

Our daughter is curious, but she also has a bit of a blank stare. I know that feeling.

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Did you ever notice that the referral photos of these children are so sad looking? I just love seeing those same children a few months after being home with their families. They are almost unrecongnizable.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Yoli said...

It made me cry.

Yoli

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home