1/19/2006

Why Blog?

Last year I joined my very first message board - looking for some insight, rumors or just support as we were waiting to receive our daughter's referral from China. I became obsessed with the boards - checking them several times a day, hoping for any morsel of information. Once I started to surf the MSN & Yahoo forums on a regular basis, I was hearing about Blogs, Blogs, Blogs. What the heck is a Blog? I hadn't ever heard of the term Blog, nor did I understand the point of one. Well, surfing the message boards then evolved into following people's adoption stories through their blogs - still not quite understanding the point of it all, but engrossed nonetheless.

Why start my own Blog? Is this a creative outlet, a political forum, a soapbox for me to express my opinions about life's questions? Did I start this to put my feelings out there into cyberspace for others to view? Well, maybe yes and no. I think I wanted to start a blog as a creative and therapeutic outlet, a way to keep an online journal, maybe have input from others, or just to vent whenever I feel that I need to. I will probably share this link with family & friends (not sure if they will understand the point of it all). Who knows? I'll see how this goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home