11/04/2008

Election Day

Well, the big day is here. Although I have my opinion on who I'd like to see in the big seat, I am almost more excited about the elections being over than seeing my choice of candidate win. Is that bad? Honestly, I appreciate the political process, glad that we have such a thing, but I've just had enough. Enough robo-calling, enough commercials, enough information overload, enough political divide in our country and of course, enough bashing. Good grief, enough is enough. I will not lose a night's sleep over who wins, I will trust in the process and hope that our country moves in a good direction over the next four (+) years.

Shortly, I will drive to our local polls, cast my ballot and move along. Done. Yippee!

Funny election story...
We are fortunate that we do not have long lines at our local polls, that's a plus of country living, I guess. So, with that said, we have always taken our kid(s) with us when we have voted, whether it's local elections, the primaries or the big ones. When our little man was in preschool we had just finished voting & a person working the polls asked Brent if he voted, his reply "Yep, we want George Washington to be president." Needless to say, he got laughs all around. Followed by several "Me too" and "He's a good choice" comments. So cute.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM , Blogger Katie J said...

Whatcha doin' blogging? GO vote already!

 
At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, good old George Washington with his wooden teeth would be a fine choice! Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home